Next Strength Cycle – Starting next Monday
We will be starting a new strength cycle on Monday 18-June folks, and it’s a good’un!
We are going to be working on new skills and further improving existing ones… we will be covering a lot of ground and you will make some excellent improvements / gains….
As always the WOD for each day will be released at 0500 in the morning.
- Monday: Dumbbell Snatch GVT – 10 Rounds of 5 reps per arm, 60 seconds strict rest between rounds
- Tuesday: Posterior Chain Day – The movement will alternate each week:
- WK1 – Deadlift 10×3 @ 50-60% of 1RM w/ 90 seconds rest- Focus on speed, you should accelerate throughout the whole movement.
- WK2 – Good Mornings 20-15-5×10
- WK3 – Romanian Deadlift 15-10-5-5-5
- WK4 – Nordic Hamstring Curl 5×10
- WK5 – Reverse Fly 5×10
- Wednesday: Shoulder Complex – 5 Rounds of 3 Strict Press, 2 Push Press, 1 Push Jerk (Ascending Weight)
- Thursday AM: Handstand Holds / Handstand Walks
- Thursday PM: Olympic Lifting
- Friday: ‘Squat’ Cleans 20-15-3×10 Working the technique
- Saturday: Pull-ups – The movement will slightly alternate each week:
- WK1 – Dead Hang Pull-ups 5×5 – Standing w/ Rings, Banded Rig, Rig, Weighted Rig
- WK2 – Negative Phase 5×10 – Jump chin over bar and control the descent, aim for 3 Second per descent
- WK3 – Dead Hang Pull-ups 5×5 – Standing w/ Rings, Banded Rig, Rig, Weighted Rig
- WK4 – Negative Phase 5×10 – Jump chin over bar and control the descent, aim for 3 Second per descent
- WK5 – Kipping Practice
- Sunday: Olympic Lifting